Saturday, March 24, 2012

Meeting DAVID FINCH at FULLY BOOKED

 -- The day I met current Batman artist -- DAVID FINCH!!

Fully Booked who has already hosted known artists from other countries like James Jean and Neil Gaiman, has officially brought in current Batman artist - David Finch. For those who are not familiar about Finch's history in comics, and I admit I'm one of them (that's why knowing more about the artists and meeting them is just feels extremely good), Finch is known for his works at Top Cow's Cyberforce, and at Marvel's Ultimatum, New Avengers and Moon Knight. Finch is currently the regular artist for DC's The Dark Knight.


My heart sank when I first heard that David Finch's flight was cancelled, but a few days later good news came and he was on his way! We got a call from Fully Booked and got invited to meet Finch for a bloggers roundup with him. I was supposed to go there with my friends from Flipgeeks - Norby and Earl. So I went there first thing in the morning, a bit scared or nervous, coz yeah I do get this fanboy moments when I meet artists hehe. I saw Duy from The Comics Cube, and it looked like it was just gonna be the two of us. Thank God, Duy was with me because he's such a better comics guru than me (im just a beginner hehe, and you should check out his site, seriously)  and I was pretty sure Duy could ask more questions haha.

So I met people from Fully Booked, they gave me a copy of Ultimatum (THANKYEWWW) and finally met David himself, shook his hand and he asked me I've met him before -- of course I said no, and how I wished that we knew each other already haha! So right after that he examined the entries for the Batman drawing contest and chose the winners. There were really good entries, but dick and my picks didn't win - so it just means that we have bad taste in art haha!. By the way, congratulations to the winning entry "BATS" by John Vincent Villones.


After that we started the interview with David. First question was about his experience on working with Top Cow, DC and Marvel. Follow up noob questions (by yours truly) like - what was the first book he worked on? Well, for a more detailed article regarding our interview you can check out The Comics Cube interview with Fitch - Duy really did a great job in transcribing our interview! Oh, and Bim of Geek Out just came in time to join us and threw in some great questions too - which you can read here.


After the interview we got a chance to see some original art from David. Man the inked versions looks so different from the colored versions and they look AWESOME. Oh if you're wondering about their prices, the ones I saw have numbers on the pages which I assume were prices - ranges from 3-4 digits, and its not in Pesos (gulp).


Unfortunately. I had to go and catch up with another event and was unable to attend David's talk and meet the cosplayers from groups like the JUSTICE PH. But for the Cosplay stuff check out here for Bim's coverage. And I freakin missed the chance to meet the prettiest Batgirls i've ever seen, ahhh... marry me!


Thanks again to Fully Booked for the invite and the free Ultimatum copy which was signed to me by David Finch! Oh yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!


Photos from Geek Out, Hub Pacheco and the Fully Booked facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment